- Cognos Business Intelligence provides the complete range of BI capabilities: reporting, analysis, score carding, dashboards, business event management and data integration, on a single service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Cognos offers Users a complete solution for all the business needs: Collaborative reporting, organization-wide report types which can be developed once and used across the organization a solution which can be adapted to any data source.
- Capability to serve all users with BI matching their needs
- Cognos BI uses a zero-footprint, Web-based deployment model
- Open security leverages all existing security assets for authentication and authorization
Cognos 8.4 Components
Used to create adhoc reports. By this the users can get the information they need by developing the reports themselves without relying on the IT personnel.
Used to create managed reports. IT personnel can create a single report that users can access on multiple devices, in multiple formats, and in other applications and processes.
This is used to explore multi-dimensional cube data to answer business questions. Slicing and dicing of the data allows users to analyze data in depth.
This is used to create and view reports that are based on multidimensional data sources
These are used to create action based agents to notify decision makers as events happen.
This is used to monitor, analyze and to create reports based on KPI’s of the business data which would help in decisions.